Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I log in to the library?
- How do I check something out?
- What types of items can I borrow other than books?
- I checked out a book but need to keep it a little longer. Can I do that?
- What do I do if I returned something late? Is there a fine?
- Can a librarian come to my class to show students how to do research?
- Can I donate these old books I found in my grandma's basement?
- What do I do if the library doesn't have a book or article I need?
- Can I eat in the library?
- Can I reserve a room for my group to work on a class project together?
- Does the library have any movies to rent?
- Does the library have any good books to read?
- Can I print from my laptop/tablet?
- Does the library have guest wifi access?
- If you are trying to log in to the databases to search for articles, simply click on the link for any database from these lists: Databases by Subject or Databases A-Z . If you are off campus, you will be prompted to log in using the first part of your email address and the password you use for Vancko Hall.
- If you are trying to log in to view or renew materials you have checked out, click here . Enter your Delhi ID number (800#) in both boxes to log in. Your 800# is both username and password for this system.
- For more details and other library logins, see this page /library/your-library-account.php.
- Bring the item to the front desk on the main floor of the library with your SUNY Delhi ID card. Your ID is also your library card.
- If you need a textbook for class, it may be on reserve. Ask for reserve textbooks
at the front desk. You will also need your ID card to check out reserve items.
- Ask at the front desk to check out laptops, headphones, calculators, phone chargers, and USB drives. You can also check out school supplies including scissors, glue, rulers, and packets of highlighters & colored pencils. You will need your ID to check these things out, and they must remain in the library building (it's OK to take them over to the Resnick Academic Achievement Center).
- In addition to books, you can borrow DVDs and music CDs. These items are upstairs-- simply bring them to the front desk to check them out.
- Yes. You can renew most checked-out items (including DVDs) by asking at the front
desk, or you can do it yourself online by logging in here. Reserve items (like textbooks, laptops, etc.) are due when the library closes and
cannot be renewed.
- Check out this video for instructions about renewals.
- If you return something late, wait until you get an email notifying you that you must pay a fine. If you get this email, pay your bill at Student Financial Services on the first floor of Bush Hall. The library does not collect money for fines at the front desk.
- Exactly how much you will be charged depends on the type of item.
- Most materials: $ .25 per day
- Reserves: $5.00 per day
- Lost library materials:
- You are charged the replacement cost, a $22 processing fee, and the maximum fine of $7.00.
- Return it within 30 days and you will be refunded all but the $7.00 fine.
- Yes. You can also bring your class to the library's computer classroom, Bush 302, for a research instruction session with a librarian. Request library instruction using this form.
- Maybe. Take a look at the Library's gift policy first. For donations of 20 items or more, please complete the Donation Description Form and a librarian will get back to you.
- You can use inter-library loan (ILL) to request the item from another library. The item will be delivered to Resnick Library for you to pick up (or your email, in the case of articles) at no cost to you! To do this, you will need to set up an ILLiad account .
- Check out this video to learn how to set up your account and begin requesting items.
Yes. The library has a "leave no trace" policy, so please clean up after yourself. We want you to be able to snack while you study, and we appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep it clean!
- Study rooms are unlocked until 4 pm on weekdays (except the Merrill Vet Sci Room) and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A revised policy for evening and weekend room use by groups will be coming soon.
- Yes, DVDs are upstairs on the shelves near the Brock Culinary Room. Most feature films (as opposed to non-fiction documentaries and instructional videos) have call numbers starting with PN. An alphabetical list of movies by title will be coming soon.
- If you're looking for something to read for fun, check out our leisure reading collection. These books have purple stickers on their spines and are on the shelves outside the Price Nursing Room upstairs in the library.
- At this time, wireless printing is not available. You may email documents to yourself or save to a USB drive (available for temporary use from the front desk) and then print from a library computer.
- At this time, the campus is unable to provide guest wireless access unless you are here as part of an official camp or conference. CIS is the only office that is able to give access. You may use any available library computer workstations to gain access to the internet.