Liberal Arts and Sciences: Adolescent Education (AS)
Our Teacher Education program puts you on the path to a career in education with three focus areas: Early Childhood, Childhood, and Adolescent Education. Some graduates of this program go directly to work in entry-level positions in preschools or childcare centers, but most continue to work toward a bachelor's degree. That’s easy at SUNY Delhi, with seamless transfer to one of SUNY’s four-year teacher certification programs.
- 30 hours of real classroom observation at a local school
- Seamless transfer to a SUNY four-year teaching certification program
- Small classes mean personal attention
- Service learning allows you to put your knowledge to use in the community
- Shape your practicum to match your interests
Popular Bachelor's Degree Opportunities
- SUNY Oneonta
- SUNY Cortland
- SUNY New Paltz
A student who plans carefully can normally expect to transfer to a four-year institution with full junior status. Since transfer institutions may have differing requirements, students should plan their program of study with a transfer counselor and an academic advisor as early as possible, preferably before beginning their first semester at Delhi.
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra