Automotive Technology (AAS) (AOS)
Get the knowledge, skills and experience you need to launch a rewarding career in
the automotive field with our rigorous automotive program. With full National Automotive
Technicians Education Foundation accreditation, our graduates stand out in the job
Students at SUNY Delhi learn from the best. All of our instructors are Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) master-certified technicians with at least 15 years of experience in the automotive trades. In our state-of-the-art labs, you will gain experience with mechanical repairs, diagnostics and troubleshooting skills using industry standard equipment.
- Hands-on, real-world experience. Students train on actual customer vehicles in the college's state-of-the-art automotive laboratory, processing around 800 repairs a year.
- Nationally accredited program. SUNY Delhi's program is nationally accredited as "Master Automotive Service Technology" by The National Automotive Technicians Foundation (NATEF) and The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- ASE student certification. Students take exams relating to entry level skills required of automotive technicians and can earn up to eight "ASE Student Certifications," which are valid for two years.
- Automotive Technician/Mechanic
- Automotive Business Owner
- Service Writer/Consultant
- Automotive Insurance Adjuster
- Shop Foreman
- Automotive Parts Specialist
According to the United States Department of Labor, employment of automotive service
technicians and mechanics is classified as a “Bright Outlook” occupation and is expected
to grow 14 percent between 2014 and 2024.
The majority of our Automotive Technology program graduates proceed directly to employment in an automotive service capacity.
Popular Bachelor's Degree Opportunities
Through a special articulation agreement, students who complete an AOS degree in Automotive Technology at SUNY Delhi can transfer their credits to Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, to pursue a four-year Bachelor of Technology degree in Automotive Management. Students who complete an AAS degree are eligible to transfer their credits to Morrisville State College and earn a BT in Automotive Technology using the “Morrisville State College Transfer Pledge."
AOS Automotive Mechanics:
- High School Average: 70
- English Regents: 65 (recommended)
AAS Automotive Technology:
- HS Average: 75
- Algebra Regents: 73 (recommended)
- English Regents: 73 (recommended)
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 0411