Liberal Arts & Sciences: Environmental Studies (AS)
Prepare for a career in the rapidly growing fields of sustainability and conservation with our Environmental Studies program, which pairs a rigorous core of science classes with relevant training in the social sciences, political science, and environmental affairs.
As more corporations and governments begin to focus on sustainability, the opportunities for employment are countless and varied. Our beautiful campus in the western Catskill Mountains is the perfect place to launch a career in environmental advocacy, policy and law, education, or consulting.
- Articulation agreement with SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) means easy transfer to a bachelor's degree program
- Easy transfer to SUNY Oneonta's Environmental Sustainability bachelor's degree program
- Small classes taught by expert faculty
- Opportunities to conduct research and pursue publication as a first- or second-year student
- Study and experience the Catskill Mountains and the New York City Watershed
- Ample opportunities for community service
- Environmental advocacy
- Policy and law
- Corporate sustainability
Students in the program are expected to complete an environmental studies internship to gain real-world experience.
Popular Bachelor's Degree Opportunities
Graduates will be prepared to transfer to senior-college programs in environmental science, environmental studies, or biological sciences. About 70 percent of our Environmental Studies graduates transfer to the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry to continue their studies.
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Biology, Chemistry Recommended
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 2009