Mechatronics Design (AAS, AOS)
Mechatronics designers turn the ideas of inventors and engineers into technical plans for production. Graduates of this program are prepared to step directly into high-paying jobs working on robotic systems and intelligent equipment in manufacturing, food processing, pharmaceutical production, power generation and distribution, mining and other applications.
SUNY Delhi's Mechatronics Design program was the first of its kind in New York State, and Delhi is the only college to have three curricula nationally certified through the American Design Drafting Association. You can earn an AOS (Associate in Occupational Studies) degree and go directly to work, or earn an AAS (Associate in Applied Science) and pursue our Bachelor of Technology degree in Mechatronics Technology.
- First Mechatronics Design Program in New York
- Award-winning faculty
- Two hours of hands-on lab experience for every hour of lecture
- Students frequently work on design concepts for potential patents or prepare drawings for actual manufacturing purposes
- Students master latest versions of three different industry standard software packages: Solid Edge/AutoCAD/RSLogix
- Industrial Controls Technician
- Continue at SUNY Delhi to complete a bachelor's degree in Mechatronics Technology
- Transfer to a bachelor's degree program in Engineering Technologies
- Transfer to a bachelor's degree program in Industrial or Technical Education in preparation for a career as a technical teacher in public schools
- According to CareerBuilder.com, the average annual pay for Drafters/Designers is $47,880. This is consistent with SUNY Delhi graduates who have reported starting salaries of between $40,000 and $50,000.
- High School Average: 70
- Algebra Regents (recommended): 75
- Keyboarding class (recommended)
- High School Average: 75
- Algebra Regents: 75
- One high school science class and one keyboarding class (recommended)