Recreation and Sports Management
Recreation and Sports Management (AAS)
Whether you dream of coaching, working in the front office for a professional team, or managing a recreation facility, our Recreation and Sports Management program teaches you the skills and experience you'll need to succeed. This flexible two-year degree allows you to tailor your course of study to suit your career goals in the areas of sports, recreation, and physical education, outside of teaching.
You'll be able to earn your New York State Coaching Certificate along with your degree. At the same time, you will also complete the educational requirements to become certified as a Recreational Associate with the National Recreation and Park Association.
- Hands-on experience in real-life situations with community and regional partners
- Talented faculty who are experts in their field
- Small class sizes (usually limited to 12-24 students) mean more teacher-student interaction and a better learning environment
- Athletic coach
- Athletic facility manager
- Manager of nature center
- Outdoor educator
- Park manager
- Park ranger
- Program coordinator/director
Students can also continue their education and transfer to a bachelor's degree program.
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra, Geometry, and Biology