Culinary Arts Management
Culinary Arts Management (BBA)
SUNY Delhi's Culinary Arts program has gained national and international honors. The Bachelor of Business Administration in Culinary Arts Management degree prepares you for the rigors of managing and running a culinary facility with courses in financial management and organization. While the associate's degree program deals with the hands-on duties of a chef, the bachelor's degree program prepares you for the fiscal responsibilities and management duties that executive chefs face every day.
- Hands-on Experience. Host banquets, run a restaurant, and spend a summer interning at the side of a professional.
- Baking Advisory Track. SUNY Delhi offers one of the few baking options in the country for associate's degree students.
- Award-Winning Faculty. All of our faculty are professional chef-instructors who have worked as restaurant chefs, executive chefs, personal chefs and restaurant owners.
- Winning team. In the last eight years, our students have won more than 500 individual and team medals, including multiple ACF national titles.
- Entry-level Kitchen Manager
- Garde Manger
- Line Cook
- Night Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Sous Chef
- Head Chef
- Restaurant Owner
- Research Chef
Today's combined hospitality industry ranks third in size among the nation's industries; it is complex and diverse, requiring skilled professionals. Hospitality Management graduates have a competitive edge over those with degrees in general business or other programs not tailored to the industry.
The program includes a full-summer internship in which you'll spend 480 hours assisting a chef at an American Culinary Federation-certified restaurant.
SUNY Delhi students in all hospitality programs have the opportunity to participate in the Walt Disney College Program, working at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, for six months while earning college credit. Courses include Communications, Leadership, Hospitality Management, Human Resources Management, Disney Marketing U, and Disney Experiential Learning.
State-of-the-art culinary facilities include:
- A la carte kitchen for restaurant dining
- Specialized kitchen for banquet preparation
- Beverage lab with full bar
- Full-scale butcher shop
- Ice-carving lab
- Signatures by Candlelight, a student-run restaurant that is open to the public
- High School Average: 80
- Algebra Regents: 75
- Biology Regents: 75
- Transfer GPA: 2.3
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 1527