College Catalog Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
The SUNY Delhi College Catalog
This catalog is current as of October 17, 2016. SUNY Delhi reserves the right to make changes in programs, policies, and regulations as conditions change and such revisions are needed, subsequent to publication.
THE SUNY DELHI COLLEGE CATALOG
The College Catalog contains information on programs of study, a summary of college policies and procedures, anticipated costs, and program requirements. The College Catalog is updated annually after each spring semester and previous editions are archived. Because program requirements are based on the year and semester in which the student enrolls or matriculates in the program, it is important to use the correct edition of the catalog to view program requirements. The College Catalog is accessible from the Academics drop-down menu at www.delhi.edu.
College Calendar (pdfs):
Course Descriptions: Course descriptions are housed in Bronco Web. You will be directed out of the digital catalog to Bronco Web in a new window. Descriptions are term specific, so you will need to choose the semester, year, and course number for which you need a description. Click here to view course descriptions.)
Programs of Study:
About SUNY Delhi
SUNY Delhi is a student-centered college of technology that features specialized certificates, nationally-recognized associate's degree programs, and unique bachelor's degrees. Hands-on learning, personal attention, and an outstanding residential experience are cornerstones of a Delhi education. The Delhi approach has produced impressive results, including ranking among the Best Baccalaureate Colleges in the North, according to the U.S. News Media Group.
Founded in 1913, and granted charter membership in the State University of New York in 1948, SUNY Delhi is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 267-284-5000.
- American Council for Construction Education
- American Culinary Federation
- American Design Drafting Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
- National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission
Mission and Values
Awarding associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees, SUNY Delhi combines strengths in technology with dynamic curricula in arts, sciences, and selected professions. Our vibrant and diverse campus community provides an environment where living and learning flourish. Online and off-site programs provide expanding educational opportunities.
The mission of SUNY Delhi is:
To prepare students for lifelong success through academic programs, experiential learning, cultural activities, and civic engagement .
The SUNY Delhi experience is defined by the campus community's commitment to creating opportunities for student success. SUNY Delhi is a student-centered community that values:
- Freedom, openness, and excellence in academic inquiry, expression, and achievement;
- Diversity, inclusiveness, dignity, and respect in our relationships;
- Honesty, integrity, and responsibility;
- Innovation and stewardship with regard to our resources; and
- Engagement, service, collaboration, and compassion, both within and outside our campus community.
Therefore, based on our values, SUNY Delhi:
- Is a student-centered campus community that values all individuals, practices inclusiveness, and embraces diversity;
- Emphasizes hands-on, experiential, and applied education in small classes;
- Develops and expands internship and service learning opportunities;
- Provides opportunities in classrooms, residence halls, and campus activities for students to realize their personal, intellectual and professional goals;
- Delivers programs that overcome geographic barriers and provide students substantial flexibility in pursuing their degrees through technology and inter-campus collaboration;
- Practices rigorous academic and professional standards of learning and assesses the extent to which programs and students meet or exceed these standards;
- Supports scholarship and intellectual creativity;
- Supports faculty and staff not only in scholarly and creative activities, but also in continuous professional development;
- Assists with local and state economic development efforts by forging stronger, extensive ties with the private and non-profit sectors;
- Reduces the campus' carbon footprint through alternative energy options wherever practical;
- Teaches and promotes sustainable practices across the campus community;
- Continuously improves the quality and application of technology to academic, administrative, and support services through a focus on student needs; and
- Nurtures a culture of philanthropy that motivates faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the college to create and build lasting relationships that provide the resources to support SUNY Delhi's strategic priorities.