Criminal Justice (BS)
SUNY Delhi’s Criminal Justice baccalaureate program consists of core courses in criminal justice coupled with a variety of electives, allowing you to cater your education to your career goals. Through both theory and experiential learning, the degree provides you with the academic foundation needed to pursue a number of options in the field, including careers in law enforcement, corrections, criminal investigation, and social work. Graduates may also seek higher education to pursue graduate degrees.
At SUNY Delhi, you'll learn from seasoned faculty who have worked as police officers, corrections officers, and lawyers, and gain practical experience through training exercises with local law enforcement and internship opportunities.
The upper-division program in criminal justice is offered in two formats: on-campus (at SUNY Delhi or SCCC) or online. SUNY Delhi has articulation arrangements with community colleges across SUNY so that students at other locations may matriculate directly through SUNY Delhi and take their upper-level courses through SUNY Delhi’s Online BS in Criminal Justice. Graduates from SUNY Criminal Justice AA programs can enter the program with junior status.
- Seamless Transfer. Graduates from SUNY Criminal Justice AA or AS programs can enter the program with junior status.
- Experienced Faculty. Instructors have the highest credentials and real-world experience in their field.
- Local police department, sheriff's department, or New York State Police
- Child Protective Services
- Social Work
- SUNY Delhi’s Criminal Justice (BS) degree is also available as an online program. Our nationally recognized online courses make the program a perfect fit for working professionals looking to advance their careers.
- Easy-to-use, internet-based classes with technical assistance and tutoring.
- SUNY Delhi has been recognized as a National Leader in Online Education by U.S. News & World Report.
- How to apply for the online program.
- Admission requirements for the online program.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.3 or higher
- Meet one of the following:
- AA or AS degree in Criminal Justice
- AA or AS degree and completion of the following SUNY pathway courses
- AA or AS degree and graduation from an accredited law enforcement academy
- 60 college credits of pathway courses
- 60 college credits and graduation from an accredited law enforcement academy
- SUNY Curriculum Code, On Campus: 0287
- SUNY Curriculum Code, Online: 2879