Monthly Engagement Opportunities
Join The Center for Excellence & Innovation in Teaching & Learning on BroncoCONNECT today to see all of the great upcoming events for faculty and staff. Instantly be able to RSVP to all types of programming, add programs to your calendar, and track attendance!
New Common Hour
Common Hour at SUNY Delhi has been designated for the first and third Wednesday of each month from 4 to 5 p.m. Save the following dates! September 4 & 18, October 2 &16, November 6 & 20, December 4, 2019; January 15, February 5 & 19, March 4 & 18, April 1 & 15 and May 6, 2020. Common Hour programming is for faculty, staff and student enrichment, allowing engagement in topics of interest, discussions, guest speakers and more. Multiple activities may be happening on these days and times. A schedule will be posted on this web page and BroncoCONNECT. Have some ideas for a speaker, program or activity? Contact Abby Brannen-Wilson at 4531 or email@example.com to get on the schedule.
Schedule of Common Hour Events
Student Activities Fair
Curiosity to Creativity
Sharing Ideas Reading Group
This new Personal Development Series will feature activities and workshops focused on self-care and skill development, with topics like food, nutrition, fitness, mental health, and Life 101. Look for activities hosted by your own peers around campus for better working and living at SUNY Delhi this semester! Sign up on BroncoCONNECT.
- Food & Nutrition
- Fitness & Fun: Hiking Challenge starts September 20th!
- Mental Health: Mental Health First Aid Training
- Life 101
Watershed Roundtables - Conversations with the Provost
- Join us for open sessions with Provost Ligeikis in the Center for Excellence & Innovation for Teaching & Learning, Bush Hall 233. Tuesdays @ 2:00
- Refreshments & Giveaways! Sign up on BroncoCONNECT.
Fall Dates October 8th, November 5th, December 3rd
Sharing Teaching Ideas Reading Group
This group hosts a page on Vancko Hall - the Sharing Teaching Ideas Reading Group page.
September 18th Article Reading on The Epidemic of Students Dropping Classes too Soon.
The Delhi Differences Series will be offered again during the fall semester. The Delhi Differences workshops are intended to allow participants to explore six diversity topics led by campus experts. Participants who attend all six sessions of Level 1 will receive a microcredential and badge to be recognized for promotion and advancement. Check back for more dates.
- Delhi Diversity Series Dates: Coming Back in Fall 2019
- Diversity Dialogue
- LGBTQ+ Community Safe Zone Training
- Bias & Micro Aggression
- Religion & Spiritual Life
- Marginalized Groups
- Diversity Champions
Rubrics Work Group
Look for upcoming dates.
Open Hall: Building Campus Connections
Campus connections are key to better teaching, learning, and working. Staff and student retention rely on relationships and a sense of place. Come see where your peers work and all of the amazing resources we have at SUNY Delhi. Increase your Campus IQ and maybe even find ways to collaborate on an upcoming project!
- Join us for our next Open Hall in September: More Details on BroncoCONNECT
- Open Hall: Meet our staff and see our facilities. Refreshments will be provided. There will be giveaways and door prizes. Increase your Campus IQ and learn more about this Academic School's programming, faculty, staff and students.
- Article of interest: Overcoming Professors' Skepticism About Digital Accessibility
- Gabriella Vasta, 607-746-4744,
- OER Learning Community
- For more information, contact Carrie Fishner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Workshops Coming Fall 2019
SUNY Opportunities & Beyond
- SUNY Center for Professional Development
- SUNY Teaching & Learning Certificate for New Faculty
- Advanced Certificate in College Teaching Potsdam
- Distance Learning Bootcamp
- SUNY SAIL Free Webinar Series
Check Back. More to Come…Sign up for our events now on BroncoCONNECT
- Leadership Series
- The Buzz
- Teaching Tool Box