Apply as an International Student
SUNY Delhi has welcomed students from more than 20 countries, and we believe that our academic and cultural life is stronger because of their contributions. Our 20:1 faculty-to-student ratio means you won't get lost in the crowd; learning takes place in an environment focused on the needs and aspirations of each student on our campus.
How We Help International Students:
- Immigration counseling regarding visa status
- Documentation assistance
- Travel consultation
- On-campus employment
- Practical training documentation
- Transfer to other institutions
- Assistance with Early Orientation Programming and Health Insurance Administration
How to Apply
- Complete the SUNY online application.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee or request a SUNY application fee waiver or Common Application Fee Waiver.
- Submit the following documents directly to our campus. PLEASE NOTE: All transcripts must be official and received via mail.
- All other documents may be emailed to email@example.com.
- The mailing address is:
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753
- Official Secondary School Records. Official records include: high school diplomas, high school leaving certificates, etc. Please note that each international student must have the equivalent of a United States high school diploma. These records must be in English.
- Official College Transcripts. Applicants who attended a college or university must arrange to have official transcripts forwarded directly to the Enrollment Services Office. Any transcripts from colleges or universities outside of the United States must be in English and evaluated by a Credential Evaluation Service, such as World Education Services.
- Autobiographical essay in English. Topics can include: why you are applying for study in the United States, reasons for selecting the field of study chosen, work experience relevant to your field of study, the explanation for any extended interruption in your school attendance, special interests and abilities you have, plans for further study and/or employment after completion of your first degree, family background, etc. The essay should be no longer than two pages.
- A copy of the biography page of your passport. This is the page that includes complete legal name, country of citizenship and photograph.
Non-Native English Speaking Applicants must also submit the following directly to the Enrollment Services Office:
- English Proficiency Statement. This form must be completed by a director of courses in English (or duly designated representative) of a bi-national center or a professor of English at a school or university.
- Official TOEFL scores. A minimum score of 475 (written) or 49 (TOEFL i BT) is required, OR
- Official IELTS scores. A minimum score of 4.5 is required.
Financial Evaluation Process
The financial evaluation process relates to issuance of the Form 1-20, which occurs after the student has been accepted. Please note that admission decisions are not based upon immigration status. Once you are accepted, you will need a Form I-20 in order to obtain an F-1 Student Visa. In order for SUNY Delhi to issue a Form I-20 after acceptance, a tuition and housing deposit of $150 USD must be paid to the college.
We require the following documents for the financial evaluation process. These documents must be dated nine months or less prior to the date of the semester you are attending and can be sent directly to the Enrollment Services Office at SUNY Delhi:
- Foreign Financial Statement (FSA-4)
- An official bank statement proving funding for one full academic year. The bank statement must come from the student, his or her parent(s), or a sponsor. The balance must be converted to U.S. dollars.