Apply as a Transfer to SUNY Delhi
You should apply as a transfer student if you have completed college-level coursework following high school graduation.
How to Apply
- Complete either the SUNY Online Application or the Common Application.
Be sure to indicate SUNY Delhi as the school you are interested in attending.
- Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee or request a SUNY Application Fee Waiver.
Information on the Common Application Fee Waiver can be found at The Common Application Applicant Solutions Center.
SUNY and CUNY Associate's Degree Graduates: The State University of New York waives the $50 application fee for up to seven college choices for transfer students graduating with an associate's degree from a SUNY or CUNY college who apply directly from graduation to the State University of New York for a bachelor's degree program. If you're a transfer student seeking the fee waiver, you must answer "yes" to the first question in the "Transfer History" section of the "Academic History" tab.
- Send all required documents (listed below) to:
SUNY Delhi Admissions
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753-4454
- Copy of all official college transcript(s) including (GETA) from SUNY Schools
(Academic transcripts are required for all colleges attended, whether you received credit or not.)
- Official final high school transcript
- Supplemental Information Form
Electronic transcripts will only be accepted if they are sent via a secure platform affiliated with SUNY Delhi. If you are unsure, contact our Registrar's Office at 607-746-4560.
Prospective transfer students must meet the minimum admissions requirements for the
program they are applying to in order to be considered for admission.
Minimum cumulative transfer grade point average:
- 2.0 for most associate's degree and bachelor's degree programs, unless noted below
- 3.0 for associate's degree Veterinary Science Technology and bachelor's degree Veterinary Technology
- 3.0 for associate's degree (RN) and bachelor's degree (BSN) nursing programs
Please note: These are minimum requirements for admission consideration and do not guarantee admission to SUNY Delhi.
Admissions decisions are based on:
- All official college transcripts (Transfer Applicants)
- Completion of any prerequisites established by the program to which you are applying
- Space availability in the program
Application Plans and Deadlines
With the exception of our on-campus Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology programs, the application process at SUNY Delhi is based on a rolling admission plan wherein we will accept applications until the program has reached its acceptance or enrollment limit. The Admissions staff will start its 2018-19 application review beginning October 1.
Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology Admissions (On-Campus Programs) - Fall Semester Entry Only
Early Action Review Period - First-Year and Transfer
Applications that are complete by December 1, 2018 will be notified of their admission status by December 15, 2018. Students who are not admissible through Early Action will be moved to our Regular Decision review process. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Regular Decision Review Period - First-Year and Transfer
Applications that are complete by February 1, 2019 will be notified of their admission status by February 15, 2019. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Offers of Admission through Early Action and Regular Decision are non-binding and students will have until May 1, 2019 to submit their tuition deposit.
Please Note: New students who enter SUNY Delhi in a spring semester with the intention of internally transferring into a Nursing or Veterinary Science Technology program must be aware that current, matriculated SUNY Delhi students can only apply to internally transfer in a Nursing or Veterinary Science Technology program at the end of the fall semester for admission for the following fall semester. All transfer students with this intention are highly encouraged to apply directly to a Nursing or Veterinary Science Technology program with a fall semester starting point.
For former students looking to apply for re-admission, please visit here.
Online and Graduate Admissions
To learn more about our Online and Graduate Program Admissions Process, visit our site for Online Education.
- October 1: Rolling Admissions review will begin.
- October 1: Students may start applying for Financial Aid using FAFSA. (New York students, don't forget to apply for TAP!)
- December 1: Deadline to complete applications for Early Action (On-Campus Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology)
- February 1: Deadline to complete applications for Regular Decision (On-Campus Nursing and Veterinary Science Technology)
- February 15: Preferred deadline to apply for Financial Aid
- May 1: Deadline for all transfer students offered admission on or prior to May 1, 2019 to submit their tuition deposit
- April - June (Multiple Dates): All deposited students must attend a Bronco Ready Orientation
Important: All new, on-campus clinical Nursing students must attend a Bronco Ready before June 1, 2019
to fulfill program requirements.
- August 23: Welcome Weekend Begins! (Commuting and Residential Students)
Please note: The dates above apply to students applying and offered admission for the Fall 2019 semester. Students who are offered admission for the Spring 2019 semester will receive a detailed notification of deadlines within their accepted student materials.