Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Create an FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov.
- Both the student and a parent (of dependent students) will need to create an ID
- Keep them in a safe place and do not share your account information
- The FAFSA is available annually and you will use the same FSA IDs each time
File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using your FSA ID. The FAFSA serves as the basis for most financial aid available at SUNY Delhi. We recommend you file as soon as possible after October 1 prior to the academic year you are applying for.
You can expect to see the following sections:
- Basic Personal Information
- List of Colleges (SUNY Delhi's school code is '002857')
- Determine your Dependency Status. Click here to find out our status.
- Parents' Information (if dependent)
- Financial Information
- Sign and Submit the FAFSA form
To qualify for campus-based student aid (aid that's awarded from limited pools of funding at SUNY Delhi each year), we recommend filing by February 1. Applications filed after that will still be processed, but your chances of receiving all possible campus-based funds may be diminished.
Start here: www.fafsa.ed.gov
NOTE: About one-third of FAFSA applications are selected for verification. That will mean submitting some extra documents, which SUNY Delhi will request.
Apply for state aid
If you're a New York State resident, you can apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) at www.hesc.ny.gov after you've filed your FAFSA. This should be done within two to three days of filing the FAFSA, if not immediately afterward. You'll see a link to the TAP application on the FAFSA submission confirmation page.
You'll need one of the following SUNY Delhi TAP codes:
- 3020 for certificate and associate degree programs
- 6020 for bachelor degree programs
Once your application has been processed you'll receive a TAP/State Scholarship Award Notice. If additional information is needed to process your TAP award, you'll receive a Request for Information from the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). Be sure to respond to this request immediately to avoid processing delays.
Additionally, the NYS Excelsior Scholarship Application will be open during certain time frames. Currently, the application for the Spring 2018 semester is open until December 4, 2017. Check the HESC website for upcoming applications for the 2018-2019 academic year.
See what financial aid you qualify for.
- Activate your SUNY Delhi email account.
- Make sure you have your student 800 number (or Social Security number) and student PIN. You should have received both in your acceptance letter from the Admissions Office.
- You'll receive instructions via email on how to access your Financial Aid Award Notification, which tells you what you've qualified for. Bronco Web allows you to review, accept, decline and adjust your SUNY Delhi financial aid award package.
- Check this email regularly, as the Financial Aid Office will use it to follow up on applications, send forms and request additional documents. It's important that you reply promptly to avoid missing out on financial aid opportunities.
Your financial aid depends on maintaining certain academic standards. Know what's expected of you and keep track of your progress to avoid falling behind and risking your financial advantage.