Financial Aid Calendar
Financial Aid Calendar
- You and your parent(s) should file State and Federal Income tax returns as soon as possible.
- If you do not already have a PIN, obtain one at www.pin.ed.gov. Your parent will also need a PIN.
- Click on Before Beginning a FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Use their time-saving suggestions for gathering the information needed to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online. Print and use the Preapplication worksheet as a guide.
- SUNY Delhi recommends you file your FAFSA before February 15 to be considered for all available aid.
- If you cannot file by February 15, file the FAFSA as soon as possible. Don't wait until the last minute!
- New York State residents who have filed a FAFSA will begin to receive emails or postcards instructing them to go to TAP on the web to complete their TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) applications.
- If you have filed a FAFSA and listed SUNY Delhi, you will receive an award notice from SUNY Delhi instructing you to log in to the BroncoWeb to view your awards.
March - August
- You will be contacted by SUNY Delhi with instructions and applications for student and parent loans. You cannot use loan applications directly from a bank.
- SUNY Delhi may send you requests for missing information so we can complete your award package. Respond promptly.
- Your bill will be mailed to you, once you have a schedule. Payment of your balance is due in July.
- All financial aid you have applied for should appear on your bill. If not, contact SUNY Delhi Financial Aid immediately.
- Payment of any balance on the June bill is due.
- 2nd bill is mailed to students.
- Contact SUNY Delhi immediately if financial aid you have applied for does not appear on the bill.
- All financial aid processing should be complete.
- Payment of any balance on your bill is due the first day of class.
- Students arrive on campus.
Enjoy the semester!
Financial Aid Steps
- Keep them in a safe place. You’ll need them throughout the financial aid process
- You have to file for FAFSA each year that you are enrolled, and you will use the same FSA IDs each time.
- How to apply for a FSA ID
File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using that FSA ID. The FAFSA serves as the basis for most financial aid available at SUNY Delhi. We recommend you file as soon as possible after January 1.
When prompted, list SUNY Delhi on your FAFSA using the federal school code 002857.
To qualify for campus-based student aid (aid that’s awarded from limited pools of funding at SUNY Delhi each year), we recommend filing by Feb. 15. Applications filed after that will still be processed, but your chances of receiving all possible campus-based funds may be diminished.
Start here: http://fafsa.ed.gov
For a little extra guidance, watch this video: “7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA”
NOTE: About one-third of FAFSA applications are selected for verification. That will mean submitting some extra documents, which SUNY Delhi will request.
Filing the FAFSA online is recommended and speeds the aid process. But if you want, you can request a paper application by calling 1-800-4FEDAID. We do not have paper applications at SUNY Delhi.
Apply for state aid.
If you’re a New York State resident, you can apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) at https://www.tapweb.org after you’ve filed your FAFSA. This should be done within two to three days of filing the FAFSA, if not immediately afterward. You’ll see a link to the TAP application on the FAFSA submission confirmation page.
You’ll need one of the following SUNY Delhi TAP codes:
- 3020 for certificate and associate degree programs
- 6020 for bachelor degree programs
Once your application has been processed you’ll receive a TAP/State Scholarship Award Notice. If additional information is needed to process your TAP award, you’ll receive a Request for Information from the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). Be sure to respond to this request immediately to avoid processing delays.
See what financial aid you qualify for.
- Activate your SUNY Delhi email account.
- Make sure you have your student 800 number (or Social Security number) and student PIN at the ready. You should have received both in your acceptance letter.
- You’ll receive instructions via email for how to access your FAFSA Award Notification, which tells you what you’ve qualified for, within two days of filing your FAFSA. BroncoWeb allows you to review, accept, decline and adjust your SUNY Delhi financial aid award package. You do not have to simply accept all of what is offered to you. Learn more about accepting or declining your award.
- Check this email regularly, as the Financial Aid Office will use it to follow up on applications, send forms and request additional documents. It’s important that you reply promptly. You don’t want to miss out on financial aid opportunities because you forgot to check your email.
- You can also check the status of your TAP awards at http://hesc.ny.gov.