Delhi Logo
Frequently Asked Questions

What are room rental rates?

You can find the current room rates on the Student Accounts website here.

What is in the room?

  - 1 extra-long twin bed per person
  - 1 set of dresser drawers per person
  - 1 desk and chair per person
  - closet for hanging clothes
  - blinds on windows
  - 1 floor lamp per room
  - 1 wastebasket per room
  - 1 telephone jack, free local service upon arrival (you must bring your own phone)
  - 1 basic cable tv hook-up (you may bring a splitter if you want to hook-up more than one tv)
  - free wireless internet access

What are the dimensions of my room?

You can find the dimensions of your room and the window sizes here.

What should I bring with me from home?

A list of suggested items will be sent along with your room assignment prior to move in. Some of the basic items include:
  - extra-long twin sheets, blankets, pillow
  - towels, washcloths, toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc.) and tote to carry them,  shower shoes
  - liquid laundry soap, clothes hangers
  - alarm clock, desk lamp, area rug, mirror, flashlight, umbrella
  - notebooks, pens, pencils, calculator, backpack
  - computer, printer, surge protector, tv, dvd player, fan
  - touch-tone telephone (even if bringing a cell phone)

What is not allowed in the residence halls?

A more complete list is available in the Housing Policy Guide. A few items are:
  - candles, incense, halogen lamps, space heaters, extension cords, any unsafe or defective equipment deemed a fire hazard in accordance with the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control
  - appliances (grills, hotplates, coffee pots, water-coolers, etc.)
  - firearms or weapons of any kind, BB guns, airpistols, paintball guns
  - pets, other than fish in a 10 gallon or smaller tank
  - fireworks, free weights, overstuffed furniture,  skateboards

Fire Hazard: This colorful lamp has already caused problems on various campuses, with close calls regarding fires and toxic fumes. Please, do not bring this lamp to campus. If Residence Life staff find this lamp in a student room it will be confiscated in accordance with campus Fire Safety Standards as outlined in the Housing Policy Guide, with possible judicial action to follow.

Can I have a refrigerator or microwave?

The following are allowed in student rooms:
  - One microwave per room, 1.1 cubic feet or less, 1100 watts or less.
  - One refrigerator per room, 4.5 cubic feet or less, 1.5 amp electrical draw or less.
  - One microfridge (combination refrigerator/microwave).
Students cannot have both a microwave and a microfridge; they cannot have both a refrigerator and a microfridge.

Students can have a microwave and a refrigerator only if they are both plugged into an amperage overload protector.  This device allows only the microwave or refrigerator to operate at one time.  One such device is the Avanti AC-3 Inn Control. The campus bookstore also sells these devices for $49.95.

If you prefer to rent a refrigerator or a microfridge, you may contact the Refrigerator Leasing Company, Inc. in Oneonta at 607-431-9525 for more information.

Can I bring a rug?

Yes. None of the student rooms are carpeted.

Can I bring a TV?

Yes. Basic cable services are provided in all student rooms free of charge. Additional programming is not available for purchase. Additional details can be found in the Housing Policy Guide.

What is the mattress size?

All beds in the residence halls have extra-long twin mattresses (33"x 81").

Are there cooking facilities available?

There are four common area kitchens located in the residence halls, one in Catskill Hall, one in O’Connor Hall, one in Murphy Hall, and one in Russell Hall. Use of these kitchens is open to students living in the residence halls when a Resident Assistant is on duty. First priority for use of the kitchens will be given to the residents of the hall. College-recognized groups may reserve the kitchen for use for special events. Reservations and inquiries should be made with the Resident Director (RD) of the respective building. The Riverview Townhouses have full kitchens in each townhouse; these kitchens are for the use of the residents of that particular townhouse.

Can I move in early?

No. New students have an assigned time when they can drive up to the residence hall and unload their belongings. You can find out your time by logging into the Housing Management System (, the same place you did the online housing contract.  You can come later than your assigned time, but not earlier.  If you have a later assigned time to unload your belongings you can still come to campus earlier to buy books, pick up your ID, etc.

If you are part of a special program or sports team you may have been instructed to arrive early for that purpose. In that case, you should arrive when you were told to arrive for your group. Additional details can be found in the Housing Policy Guide.

What is the guest policy?

Students are permitted to have overnight guests over the age of 18 with their roommate's permission. Guests must be registered with the Resident Director of the building 24 hours prior to the guest's arrival to campus and must obtain an Overnight Guest Pass (from the RA or RD). Hosts are responsible for the behavior of their guests (whether staying overnight or not) and may be held judicially accountable if their guests violate college regulations. Overnight guests are limited to a stay of no more than 4 days per month, and no more than two guests during any one visit. Additional details can be found in the Housing Policy Guide.

How do I access the internet in the residence halls?

The wireless internet in the residence halls provided by Apogee allows you to register up to six devices at 14 Mbps. You have the option to upgrade to 10 devices and 24 Mbps for $49.95 per semester. You can register for an account as early as August 1st at

Internet service for the non-residential part of campus is provided through the Bronco Wireless internet system. More information about the wireless network and system requirement is available from the Computer Information Services (CIS) website.

Where do I do my laundry?

Laundry facilities are provided in each of the residence halls for the residents of that hall. You do not need coins to operate the washers and dryers, but students must provide their own detergents, etc. Additional details can be found in the Housing Policy Guide.

Where do first year students and returning students live?

Both first year students and returning students reside in all residence halls on campus. The only exception is Catskill Hall, which houses only returning students and some entering transfer students.

Are there any non-smoking residence halls?

All residence halls are smoke-free.

Can I have a car on campus?

All students who wish to have a vehicle on campus must purchase a parking permit from University Police. Please call 607-746-4700 for more details.

What forms of public transportation are available?

The Trailways of New York bus station is located at the Sunoco gas station on the corner of Main and Kingston Streets (Highways 10 and 28) in Delhi. Trailways runs local service to Oneonta, as well as to Syracuse, NYC, Albany, and Binghamton.  You can view the schedule at

Related Info
/campus_life/housing/ Image 
Off-Campus Housing List

PDF Icon 2017-18 Housing Policy Guide

PDF Icon 2016-17 Housing Policy Guide
PDF Icon 2016-17 Riverview Policy Guide


Contact Info
P: 607-746-4630
F: 607-746-4086

Student Housing Management Access Button

Last Updated: 7/10/17