2018-2019 (Current Fiscal Year) Purchasing Deadlines
- The last day to send requisitions for fiscal year 2018-2019 (current fiscal year) to the Purchasing Department for processing is Friday, May 3, 2019.
- Wednesday, June 5 is the last day to use your P-card for purchases for fiscal year 2018-2019. Services and commodities must be received on campus by June 30.
- We will not process requisitions for services that will take place after July 1, 2019 with funding from this year - these must be processed with fiscal year 2019-2020 funding. (Example: maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc.) If the service begins before Monday, July 1, you can submit the requisition for processing with this year's funding, as long as we are paying for it in a lump sum.
- The only exception to the above-mentioned rule is registrations for conferences that occur after July 1, but must be paid in advance in order to secure a place at the conference.
- Any services or travel that will occur between Friday, May 3, 2019 and Friday, June 28, 2019 should be submitted by Friday, May 3, 2019 with “estimated” pricing if the actual prices are not known. This will enable our department to encumber the funds for you now.
- Anything that is purchased with 2018-2019 fiscal year funding must be received by Friday, June 28, 2019 and paid for before Friday, August 2, 2019, otherwise the funding will come out of the 2019-2020 fiscal year budget. We cannot prepay for items/services that are not received by the deadline. The items/services must be received by Friday, June 28, 2019 in order to make payment from fiscal year 2018-2019 budget.
- If you have a blanket requisition that is still open after the Friday, May 3, 2019 deadline, please use it before Friday, June 28, 2019. All blanket requisitions will be considered complete as of June 30, 2019 and canceled off the system without further notice.
- Please feel free to submit 2019-2020 blanket requisitions at your convenience, but
note that we will not be able to process any requisitions for the 2019-2020 fiscal
year until approximately Monday, July 8, 2019. Our systems will be shut down the entire
first week of July to make the switch from the old to the new fiscal year.
Monday, July 8, 2019 is only a tentative date, the date we hope we can begin processing new orders for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.