Apply as a Student Veteran
SUNY Delhi is Military and Veteran Friendly. We are committed to helping you make
a successful transition from a military lifestyle to an academic lifestyle. Whether
you are a Veteran, Active Duty Service Member, Member of the National Guard, Reservist
or Dependent, the Office of Veteran Affairs is here to serve you and do everything
in our power to help ensure your success at SUNY Delhi.
Whether you plan to study part time while on active duty, or full time upon fulfillment of your military service obligation, SUNY Delhi would like to help you achieve your education goals.
Visit the SUNY Delhi Veteran Affairs Office for more information.
How to Apply
- Apply for your Veterans Educational Entitlements through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Schedule an appointment with SUNY Delhi Veteran Affairs Office at 607-746-4534.
- Submit required documents (listed below) to:
Traci Raymond, SUNY Delhi Certifying Official
Financial Aid Office
454 Delhi Drive, Bush Hall
Delhi, NY 13753
- Complete the SUNY application online.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee or request a fee waiver.
- Send all required documents (listed below) to:
SUNY Delhi Admissions
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753-4454
- Official copy of High School Transcript - must include all NYS Regents scores
- Equivalency Exam Scores (GED students only)
- Official College Transcript from each college attended (transfers and students with college credits)
- Some applicants may be asked to submit supplemental admissions forms
- SAT, ACT, Personal Essays, and Letters of Recommendations are NOT required, unless specifically requested by the Admissions Office. Applicants may provide these documents as a supplement to their application, if they wish to do so
- You can apply to earn credit for your military experience by supplying a Joint Services Transcript (JST) to SUNY Delhi registrar. Joint Services Transcript Guide >
Required Veterans Educational Entitlements Documents
- Completed SUNY Delhi Veteran Student Status Form. If you are a transfer student then you must submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) and provide a signed copy of this form to the SUNY Delhi VA Office
- Copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
- (optional) Copy of your DD-214 Member 4 (this will help us advise you)
- Copy of any Kicker Program documentation (Army/Navy/Marine Corps/Air Force College Fund, etc.)
- Copy of any other supporting documentation relating to your educational entitlements (optional for transfer students)
Campus Benefits for Student Veterans
In addition to our Campus Services for Veterans, there are also many more benefits to attending SUNY Delhi as a Veteran:
- Parking Fee Waiver - Student Veterans just need to show their DD-214 to our University Police during registration and do not have to pay the campus parking fee.
- Child Care - The SUNY Delhi Campus Child Care Center offers a modified rate for enrolled students. The rates are determined by income (sliding scale).
- Student Accounts Bill Deferment - We understand that student veteran educational benefits sometimes can take a significant amount of time to be processed and paid to veterans. Student Veterans who have confirmed educational benefits may have SUNY Delhi bills deferred pending the receipt of educational benefits from the VA. Those deferments would be made for any cost that has confirmation of coverage by VA benefits. This can only be done for SUNY Delhi costs. Off-campus housing is not covered under this program. SUNY Delhi will certify all mandatory fees for students and will provide 0% interest loans for textbooks and supplies. Typically this is done to supplement a student veteran's costs as they wait for their educational benefits to be paid.
- SUNY Delhi Participates in the Veterans Tutorial Assistance Program.
- Military Credit Evaluation - SUNY Delhi will evaluate your military transcripts (AARTS, SMARTS, ACE, etc.) and provide as much transfer credit as possible in accordance with your program of study and university policies.
- VA Work Study - SUNY Delhi is an approved Work Study site for the Department of Veteran Affairs. Department of Veteran Affairs Work Study Program Information and Application (pdf).
- Webucator Online Self-Paced Classes - Exclusively free for Student Veterans! These are online self-paced courses that provide access to training on various topics, such as frequently utilized software programs (Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Java, Oracle, and much more), social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), and general programs such as Customer Service, Professional Writing and much more. If you are interested, please contact Matthew LaLonde at firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
Coordinator of Veteran Affairs
Veteran Affairs Office
233 Bush Hall
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, New York 13753