INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
- Students should visit the Registrar's Office website to review important graduation requirements. Participation in commencement is not proof of graduation. The only such evidence is your diploma or an official college transcript.
- Graduates are responsible for procuring an appropriate cap and gown to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Caps and gowns are ordered through the Barnes & Noble Campus Bookstore in Farrell Center. They will be delivered to the Barnes & Noble Campus Store in Farrell Center and available for pick up at that location.
- Students who cannot pick up their caps and gowns in person may make other arrangements by calling the Barnes & Noble Campus Store, 607-746-4760.
- December graduates may invite an unlimited number guests (no tickets required).
- May graduates will be given 3 guest tickets* when they pick up their cap and gown, in the event of an indoor ceremony due to inclement weather.
(*Additional tickets are not available for an indoor ceremony due to limited capacity in Clark Field House. Graduates can still invite additional guests to campus, however those guests will view the ceremony through a live-feed elsewhere on campus.)
- Graduates will also be given a blank name card to write your name, degree, honors and contact information. DO NOT LOSE THIS CARD; bring it with you to commencement.
- Graduates in full regalia, wearing their tassels on the right, will line up 45 minutes before the start of the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed after the ceremony. If you have questions about your diploma, please contact the Registrar's Office, 607-746-4560.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS, FAMILIES AND GUESTS
- Directions to campus and Area Accommodations
- Campus Map When you arrive on campus, follow the commencement signs.
- There will be no parking at Clark Field House, ONLY drop-off is available. All other lots are available.
- Shuttle bus service will be provided to Clark Field House from all campus parking lots starting at 8:30 am.
- There is no reserved seating for guests.
- Guests with tickets* will be seated between 9:00 am and 9:50 am. Guests with tickets who arrive late (after the procession has begun) are not guaranteed a seat in Clark Field House.
(*For the indoor ceremony)
- Wheelchairs, strollers and infant carriers may not block walkways. Children are required to have a ticket if they occupy a seat.
- Guests without tickets and guests with tickets arriving late will be asked to wait for the procession to finish before entering the Maines Arena.
- The ceremony will last approximately two and one-half hours.
- Each graduate will receive a gift photo with their diploma. Additional photographs may be ordered by contacting Commencement Photos. Guests are asked to refrain from leaving their seats during the ceremony to take photographs.
- Due to problems in the past and fire and safety regulations, we request that guests do not block doorways and exits after the ceremony.
- Guests requiring accessible seating must contact Donna Ackerman at 607-746-4025 or email@example.com no later than May 1.
- ASL interpreters will be provided by Empire Interpreting.
OFF SITE VIEWING