Hotel and Restaurant Management
Hotel and Restaurant Management - Online (BBA)
SUNY Delhi's Hotel & Restaurant Management program, one of the first of its kind in the nation, prepares you for a career managing the country's premier resorts, hotels and foodservice venues. Our graduates work for Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, and a variety of independently owned and operated lodging properties. Many work with leading corporate and private restaurant groups, institutional foodservice organizations, airlines, and cruise companies. This program gives you the skills you need to be successful. The curriculum includes courses in leadership, finance, law, lodging, and foodservice management. While the associate's degree program focuses on technical skill development, the bachelor's degree prepares you for the fiscal responsibilities and management duties that leaders and entrepreneurs in the industry face every day.
- Relevant coursework: You will take courses which will enhance your skills and serve as a strong foundation for your career. Some of the critical subjects include: Hospitality Financial Management, Purchasing, Advanced Human Resource Management, and Hospitality Law. Hotel and Restaurant Management courses include Hotel and Resort Operations, Maintenance and Engineering, History of Wines, Classical Cuisine, and Food and Culture.
- Talented faculty: Instructors hold impressive academic and industry-related credentials. They leverage years of industry experience to deliver high-caliber courses.
- Class size: Small classes mean extensive one-on-one interaction and personal guidance from faculty.
- Applied learning: SUNY Delhi has a commitment to experiential learning in all classes. Throughout your time in the program, you will have multiple opportunities to apply the knowledge you are learning to real-world scenarios and organizations.
- 100% online: Since this program is offered entirely online, you are afforded the flexibility to work in industry, attend to commitments, and earn your degree anywhere there is an internet connection!
- Guest service attendant
- Housekeeping supervisor
- Food and beverage professional
- Sales and marketing coordinator
- Human resource manager
- Purchasing manager
- Banquet manager
- Hotel sales director
- Bed and breakfast owner/operator
Today's combined hospitality industry ranks third in size among the nation's industries; it is complex and diverse, requiring skilled professionals. Hotel and Restaurant Management graduates have a competitive edge over those with degrees in general business or other programs not tailored to the industry.
SUNY Delhi students in all hospitality programs have the opportunity to participate in the Walt Disney College Program, working at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, for six months while earning college credit. Courses include Communications, Leadership, Hospitality Management, Human Resources Management, Disney Marketing U, and Disney Experiential Learning.
- Vancko Hall: SUNY Delhi’s online courses are offered through Vancko Hall, our campus learning management system. It is easy to use and offers many tools and resources to get up to speed in your courses efficiently.
- Faculty Advisor: You will be assigned an academic advisor upon acceptance to SUNY Delhi. This faculty member will guide you through your program and will offer insight on everything from course selection to career guidance as you approach graduation.
- Degree Works: Students will be able to track their degree progression in real-time via DegreeWorks, the online degree audit software. This tool ensures that you and your advisor are on the same page as you work towards completing your program.
- Resnick Academic Achievement Center: Looking to secure a tutor, need help with editing a paper, or want assistance with challenging math assignments, then the folks at the Resnick Academic Achievement Center can help. They offer online tutoring in many disciplines.
- Career Services: Through College Central Network, SUNY Delhi advertises hundreds of available jobs. They also provide resume critiques, assistance with cover letter writing, and interviewing skills.
- Alumni network: As a student at SUNY Delhi, you will be exposed to a network of more than 30,000 alumni. These connections serve as great resources for internships, jobs, and professional networking throughout your career.
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 2397