Recreation and Sports Facilities Management
Recreation and Sports Facilities Management (BBA)
SUNY Delhi is one of the few colleges to offer a bachelor's degree in Recreation and Sports Facilities Management, which prepares you for a management position in a sports arena, a state or national park or an adventure sports facility. It also prepares you to run and maintain indoor and outdoor facilities, including parks and sports venues.
You'll gain an understanding of facilities' design and development so you can collaborate on projects with architects and engineers. The program contains two distinct tracks to accommodate your career interest.
- Hands-on experience in real-life situations with community and regional partners
- Talented faculty who are experts in their field
- Small class sizes (usually limited to 12-24 students) mean more teacher-student interaction and a better learning environment
- Athletic or Recreation Facility Manager
- Event Management
- Sports Team Manager/Coach
- Sporting Goods Manufacturing/Retailing
- Park Management
- Outdoor Educator/Outfitter/Guide
- Activity Instructor/Director
- Recreation Leader
Recommended Admission Requirements
- First-Year Students - 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma;
SAT scores with a combined reading/writing and math score of 980 or a composite ACT score of 19
- Completed Coursework in Algebra, Geometry, and Biology
- Transfer Students* - 2.3 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 2533
* After evaluating previous college course work a student may be advised that additional time may be needed to complete degree requirements. Special consideration will be given to those applicants who have extensive professional experience in the field.