Submit Your Required Health and Immunization Information
All main campus students, both residential and commuter, taking 6 or more credit hours must submit via the patient portal:
- A health history
- Immunization record
- Tuberculosis screening form
- Meningitis information form
New students who have paid their deposit may submit their health requirements via the patient portal.
Required health and immunization information should be submitted by August 1 for new students entering for the fall semester, and by January 15 for spring semester.
Special Requirements for Nursing Students and Athletes
Nursing students and athletes have other requirements. Please refer to the School of Nursing or the Athletic Department for more information.
- New York state institutions are required to distribute information about meningococcal disease and vaccination to all students meeting the enrollment criteria, whether they live on or off campus.
- If you wish to receive the meningococcal meningitis vaccine, it is available through your private health care provider, or the county Department of Health.
- Please make sure to submit your health requirements via the patient portal within 30 days of the beginning of the semester.
- Please note that according to NYS Public Health Law, no institution shall permit any student to attend the institution in excess of 30 days without complying with this law. The 30-day period may be extended to 60 days if a student can show a good faith effort to comply.
Colleges in New York State are required to maintain a record of the following for each student:
- A response to receipt of meningococcal disease and vaccine information signed by the student or student's parent or guardian. This must include information on the availability and cost of meningococcal meningitis vaccine;
- A record of meningococcal meningitis immunization within the past 5 years;
- An acknowledgement of meningococcal disease risks and refusal of meningococcal meningitis immunization signed by the student or student's parent or guardian.